You’ll always know what’s going on with BRWA.
Check out these upcoming BRWA events! Click on the name of the event to learn more.
Blue River Watershed Association's Rain Barrel Reign! program will introduce community participants to concepts such as watersheds, stormwater runoff, chemical pollution, and how human behavior impacts local streams and rivers. Participants will paint and build rain barrels to install at their home to reduce their impact of these issues on local waterways, while improving water quality.
Project Rain Barrel is a collaboration between River Network, The Coca-Cola Company, and the Blue River Watershed Association (BRWA). River Network supports the construction of more than 1,400 rain barrels every year at 50+ workshops. Generous support from the Coca-Cola Company helps River Network connect approved workshop hosts with local Coca-Cola bottlers or distributors to arrange donation of recycled 35 or 55-gallon food-grade ingredient drums.
Each participant will receive one (1) 35-55-gallon rain-barrel (donated from a local Coca-Cola bottler or distributor) and one (1) RainRecycle kit (hardware and tools). Each RainRecycle kit includes all the hardware needed to construct a fully functioning rain barrel except a base. Each kit includes a set of hole saws for drilling into the barrel and downspout, a spigot, a downspout diverter, flexible connection tube, rubber seals, and a “non-potable water” sticker. The kit eliminates the need for an overflow outlet and creates a closed system which prevents mosquitoes from breeding inside the barrel.
The cost for one (1) participant is $40.00 (non- BRWA member) and $30.00 for members with active BRWA membership. For current BRWA members enter promo code “member20” to receive discount. No refunds once registration has been submitted. Learn more about BRWA membership at brwa.net/membership
Registration and Other Information:
• Registration for one rain barrel is limited to up to 4 participants.
• Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by legal guardian that is 18 years of age or older.
• One Rain barrel per household and must be able to transport rain barrel to residence at the end of training.
• Participants must have functioning gutters and standard residential 2’’ x 3’’or 3’’ x 4’’ downspouts gutters and downspouts are required to work with the rain barrels from the program.
• It is the participants responsibility to determine if permission is required from their Homeowner’s Association or landlord before installing a rain barrel.